When you create a Gmail account, you will get access to all the other Google powered applications. Some of the apps that you will be able to use are; Google+, Ad Sense, Blogger, Google maps and the Google play services. Creating an account with Gmail is a swift process.
- Launch the Gmail official website. For those people with Google Chrome, you can access the Gmail app when you launch the browser. Once the home page opens, click on ‘create and account’ and you will be directed to the sign up gmail page.
- You will be required to enter your names starting with your first name. Creating your log in details, that is your email address and your password will be the next step. When it comes to creating your password, you are advised to create a strong password- one that contains alphanumeric characters.
- Enter your birth date and specify your gender. You are required to enter your phone number. This is the number that will be linked to your account. If you have another email address, then you will be required to enter it.
- You will be prompted to prove you are not a robot by entering the CAPTCHA characters provided. If you choose not to do so, you will be required to verify your account by phone. Specify your location and click next step.
Once you create next, you will be prompted to create your profile. To do this, you will have to upload a picture. However, if you are not interested then you can select, create account. Before your account is set up, you will be required to specify if you would like your Google+ Read More…
Gmail.com has many great features like Google Drive that allows you to edit and share documents online, the Google+ which is a social networking platform and many more features and services. To access the features you will be required to log in:
- Open the Gmail home page via their official website. For those using Google Chrome browser, the Gmail app usually appear on your screen when you open the browser. Once you open the browser, you will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your gmail login details correctly.
- Click on log in.
If you have enabled the 2 step verification process, you will be directed to a new page where you will be required to key in the code that you will receive on your phone. If you have not enabled the process, then you can do so through a simple and fast process. The 2-step verification is a process that has been created to protect your account by allowing you to log in to your account with; your password and an extra code. Unless you are using your personal computer, you will have to log in to your account with the code.
To set up the process, you will be required to log in to your account. Once the page opens, click on the Account-privacy option under the settings tab. A new page will open, choose security tab that located at the top of the page. Once the security settings page opens, choose the 2-step verification process that is located under ‘password’. You will be prompted to log in to your account again. After logging in, you will be directed to the activation page where you will be asked to provide your phone number. This is the phone number that will be used to Read More…