Gmail, outlook and yahoo are the three major email service providers in the world. However, their different features are distinct and it is important you know about them before you create an account with either of them. One of the similarities of gmail vs other email service providers is that, the process of creating an account is the almost same:
- Open the official website of the respective email service provider. Once the page opens click on ‘create account’. You will be directed to the sign up page.
- Enter your names starting with your first name. You will then be required to choose your log in details that is; your email address and your password.
- Enter your phone number after you have specified your gender and birth date. For Gmail and Outlook, you will be required to enter the CAPTCHA characters given.
- Check the ‘I agree with the terms and conditions’ then click create account.
All of these email service providers have different spaces in terms of storage. When you create an account with Gmail you will get up to 15 GB in storage. You will be able to share documents and save them on Google Drive. Outlook on the other hand has a storage limit of about 15 GB. Yahoo takes home the title when it comes to storage space. It gives you a storage limit of up to 1 TB.
It is quite possible now to edit documents online without going through the problems of downloading it. With Google Drive you can share documents online with other people. The only requirement is you need to have the Google Drive installed in your PC, Outlook also has their own feature, the OneDrive that allows you to share not just documents but also photos and other multimedia files. If you are using the OneDrive for business, you will get a storage space of 1 TB.
One account for all
Once you create an account with Gmail you will get access to a wide range of features of gmail.com including YouTube, Google+, Google play, Google maps and Google hangouts. Yahoo account will open your opportunity for accessing; Flicker, Delicious, Yahoo maps, Yahoo finance, Yahoo hot jobs and Yahoo network developer. Outlook on the other hand gives you access to Xbox, Skype, Microsoft store, Bing OneDrive and surface.
All of these email service providers have created an extra layer of protection to add security to the account holders. Outlook has the 2 step verification. Yahoo has the second sign in verification process that you must activate. Google on the other hand has the 2-step verification process that you can enable through very easy steps;
- Log in to your account and click on account. You will be directed to a new page, click on security. Under the password tab, click enable besides the 2 step verification process.
- You will be required to log in again. Once you log in, you will be directed to a new page where you will be prompted to enter your phone number.
- Once you click activate, you will receive a code on your phone, enter the code to enable the 2 step verification.
All of these three email service providers have great features. It is up to you now to choose which one you will use.
Leave a Reply