When you create a Gmail account, you will get access to all the other Google powered applications. Some of the apps that you will be able to use are; Google+, Ad Sense, Blogger, Google maps and the Google play services. Creating an account with Gmail is a swift process.
- Launch the Gmail official website. For those people with Google Chrome, you can access the Gmail app when you launch the browser. Once the home page opens, click on ‘create and account’ and you will be directed to the sign up gmail page.
- You will be required to enter your names starting with your first name. Creating your log in details, that is your email address and your password will be the next step. When it comes to creating your password, you are advised to create a strong password- one that contains alphanumeric characters.
- Enter your birth date and specify your gender. You are required to enter your phone number. This is the number that will be linked to your account. If you have another email address, then you will be required to enter it.
- You will be prompted to prove you are not a robot by entering the CAPTCHA characters provided. If you choose not to do so, you will be required to verify your account by phone. Specify your location and click next step.
Once you create next, you will be prompted to create your profile. To do this, you will have to upload a picture. However, if you are not interested then you can select, create account. Before your account is set up, you will be required to specify if you would like your Google+ information shared or not. Your account will then be created.
Before you can use the account, you will be required to verify your account. Once your account is created, you will receive an email from Gmail prompting you to verify your account. Click on the link provided to verify your account. You may be asked to verify your account via text or phone call. This is usually done to protect the account holders from any of the cyber crimes.
After your account verification, your account will be ready for use. You can gmail.com login account and customize your home page. You can easily change the view of your account:
- Click on the gear icon that is located at the right hand side of the page. Under the display density, choose the option you want to use. The options include; comfortable, cozy or compact.
- You may also choose to change your theme by clicking on the themes options. You will be directed to a new page where different options will be displayed.
- The themes are grouped into various categories including; color themes, HD themes, Classic themes, Custom themes and random themes.
Leave a Reply