Gmail.com has many great features like Google Drive that allows you to edit and share documents online, the Google+ which is a social networking platform and many more features and services. To access the features you will be required to log in:
- Open the Gmail home page via their official website. For those using Google Chrome browser, the Gmail app usually appear on your screen when you open the browser. Once you open the browser, you will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your gmail login details correctly.
- Click on log in.
If you have enabled the 2 step verification process, you will be directed to a new page where you will be required to key in the code that you will receive on your phone. If you have not enabled the process, then you can do so through a simple and fast process. The 2-step verification is a process that has been created to protect your account by allowing you to log in to your account with; your password and an extra code. Unless you are using your personal computer, you will have to log in to your account with the code.
To set up the process, you will be required to log in to your account. Once the page opens, click on the Account-privacy option under the settings tab. A new page will open, choose security tab that located at the top of the page. Once the security settings page opens, choose the 2-step verification process that is located under ‘password’. You will be prompted to log in to your account again. After logging in, you will be directed to the activation page where you will be asked to provide your phone number. This is the phone number that will be used to send the code. If you have another phone number, you can enter it as ‘back-up’ phone number. Click on activate once you finish entering the required details. You will receive a code on your phone; enter that code on the spaces provided to activate the 2 step verification process.
There are times when you forget your password and logging in may become difficult. In event you will have forgotten your password, you can reset it easily.
- On the log in page, click on ‘need help’. You will be directed to a new page where you will have to state your problem. Check the ‘I don’t know my password’ tab. Confirm your email address and then click continue.
- You will be prompted to enter the last password you remember, enter it and click continue. A new page will open requiring you to confirm your number.
- You will receive code on your phone number. Enter that code on the spaces provided.
- Enter your new password and confirm it. You will now be able to access your email account.
It is said that with one Gmail account, you can access a wide range of products and services like Google Hangouts, the Google play store, YouTube and many more.
Leave a Reply